Postdoctoral Fellowship Position Available in Services Computing
A high-profile and self-motivated postdoctoral researcher with expertise in Services Computing is warmly invited to
• Undertake novel and world class research
• Work with internationally recognised researchers in Service Computing
• Join our passionate and dynamic research team in Melbourne
The Sensors, Clouds, and Services laboratory (SCSLab) is based in Computer
Science and Information Technology, RMIT University, Melbourne (Australia).
It is a leading research lab for innovation and applied research which
focuses on research areas that sit at the intersection of Service Computing,
Cloud Computing, and Sensors. Its mission is to develop a world-class
creative environment that will foster innovation in the above areas. The
SCSLab focuses on the design and development of innovative sensor and cloud
technologies and applications, delivered as services. The laboratory
currently comprises 3 faculty members and 9 PhD students.
The SCSLab is currently conducting scientific research in the following
– Sensor Cloud Services
– Trust Computing
– QoS Optimization in Market Driven Cloud Environments
– Service Design for Next Generation of Web Services
– Large-Scale Service Mining
– Social Computing
The SCSLab has an open position for a motivated postdoctoral fellow to join
our research team. More specifically, the postdoctoral fellow will
undertake research in the area of Cloud Service Composition. Other relevant
areas are IoT Services and Social Computing. The successful postdoctoral
fellow will undertake original and world-class research, leading to high
quality publications. The postdoctoral fellow will also have the
opportunity to contribute to externally competitive research funding
Duties will include:
– Contribute to external research funding and profile by attracting
Australian competitive funding as well as industry-oriented research
– Extend the research performance and reputation of the discipline
through effective engagement with industry partners and other
organisations. Use these relationships to develop collaborative
projects with stakeholders both inside and outside RMIT and from the
local to the national environments.
– Successfully manage research activities and milestones by ensuring
progress reviews for RMIT and industry partners and are completed to
the required level within agreed timeframes and budget restraints.
– Regularly disseminate research outcomes and communicate with other
team members, clients and the broader research community internal and
external to RMIT University through high quality papers and journal
articles, delivery of seminars, and conference attendance.
– Undertake supervision of research students
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered, the postdoctoral fellow will have a PhD (or will shortly
satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in Computer Science or in a closely
related area. Evidence of research experience in at least one of the
following areas is highly desirable: Services Computing, Cloud Computing,
Social Computing, or IoT.
To be considered the postdoctoral fellow will have:
– Demonstrated experience in conducting quality research.
– Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs.
– Assist and develop successful applications for competitive external
research funding and contract research.
– Ability to clearly communicate research approaches, concepts and
– Demonstrated capability to consult, interact and collaborate
effectively within and external to the organization, with the ability
to move across academic, government and industry constituencies.
– High level of written and oral communication and demonstrated ability
in the preparation of reports, synthesis of data and manuscripts for
publication or equivalent.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a successful research
teams with a focus on collaborative and participative research
practices, preferably within an interdisciplinary environment.
– Demonstrated project management skills from planning through to
implementation including the ability to deliver against targets
timelines and budget restraints.
– Demonstrated supervisory and/or leadership skills in research,
including research training and supervision.
How to Apply: provide a CV and a cover letter generally stating suitability
for this position, and upload these as one document at
If the application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide
Applications close: 27 Mar 2016 11:55 PM Australian. Eastern Standard Time