Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in IoT Computing
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in IoT Computing in the SCSLab @ SIT at the University of Sydney (Australia) (http://www.scslab.net)
- Undertake novel and world class research.
- Work with internationally recognized researchers in Service/Cloud/IoT Computing.
- Join our passionate and dynamic research team in Sydney, Australia
The Sensor Cloud Services laboratory (SCSLab) is based in the School of Information Technologies, University of Sydney, Australia. The SCSLab focuses on the design and development of innovative sensor cloud technologies, delivered as services.
The SCSLab is currently conducting research in the following areas:
- Trust Computing in Service Environments
- QoS Optimization in Market Driven Cloud Environments
- Large-Scale Service Mining in IoT environments
- Social Computing
The SCSLab has an open position for a motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our research team. The postdoctoral fellow will undertake research in the area of IoT Services and Social Computing. The successful postdoctoral fellow will undertake original and excellent research, leading to high quality publications. The postdoctoral fellow will also have the opportunity to contribute to externally competitive research funding applications.
Location: Sydney, Australia
Salary: 86k + superannuation.
Tenure: Specified term of 1 year with the possibility of 1-year extension.
To be considered, you will have a PhD in Computer Science or a closely related area.
To be considered you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in conducting quality research.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs.
- Assist and develop successful applications for competitive external research funding and contract research.
- Ability to clearly communicate research approaches, concepts and outcomes.
- High level of written and oral communication and demonstrated ability in the preparation of reports, synthesis of data and manuscripts for publication.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a successful research teams with a focus on collaborative and participative research practices.
- Demonstrated project management skills from planning through to implementation including the ability to deliver against targets timelines and budget restraints.
- Demonstrated supervisory and/or leadership skills in research, including research training and supervision.
How to Apply
please provide a CV and a cover letter generally stating your suitability for this position to Prof. Athman Bouguettaya, email: email@example.com
Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please direct all your enquiries to Dr. Sajib Mistry (firstname.lastname@example.org)