Our objective is to crowdsource wireless energy from IoT devices to create a green IoT environment. Energy could be harvested using renewable energy sources, i.e., the kinetic movement of IoT users or their body heat. For example, a smart shoe may harvest energy from the physical activity of its user. The harvested energy could be used to charge the nearby IoT devices wirelessly. This research project aims to propose a service model for crowdsourced energy. The project also aims to propose a novel framework to compose crowdsourced energy services in a dynamic IoT environment.
- Crowdsharing Wireless Energy Services. Abdallah Lakhdari, Amani Abusafia, and Athman Bouguettaya. IEEE CIC 2020, USA.
- Elastic Composition of Crowdsourced IoT Energy Services. Abdallah Lakhdari, Athman Bouguettaya, Azadeh Ghari Neiat, and Basem Suleiman. EAI MobiQuitous 2020, Germany.
- Fluid Composition of Intermittent IoT Energy Services. Abdallah Lakhdari, and Athman Bouguettaya. SCC 2020, Beijing, China.
- Crowdsourcing Energy as a Service. Abdallah Lakhdari, Athman Bouguettaya, and Azadeh Ghari Neiat. ICSOC 2018, Hangzhou, China.
- Composing Energy Services in a Crowdsourced IoT Environment. Abdallah Lakhdari, Athman Bouguettaya, Sajib Mistry , and Azadeh Ghari Neiat. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (2020).