Balsam Alkouz and Athman Bouguettaya.
Drone swarms are teams of autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles that act as a collective entity to perform a certain task. The objective is to compose Swarm-based Drone-as-a-Service (SDaaS) services for delivery purposes. The composed service will consist of a swarm of drones working together to deliver services from one point to another in a skyway network. We take into consideration the highly constrained environment surrounding the delivery. This includes intrinsic constraints, e.g. different rates of power consumption and window constrained arrival time, and extrinsic constraints, e.g. weather conditions. We will consider several quality of service metrics to select the best SDaaS. The outcome of this research is an efficient infrastructure that shall create new opportunities in smart cities.
- Density-Based Pruning of Drone Swarm Services. Balsam Alkouz, Athman Bouguettaya, and Abdallah Lakhdari. IEEE ICWS 2022, Virtual.
- Service-Based Drone Delivery. Balsam Alkouz, Babar Shahzaad, Athman Bouguettaya. IEEE CIC 2021, Virtual.
- A Reinforcement Learning Approach for Re-allocating Drone Swarm Services. Balsam Alkouz, and Athman Bouguettaya. ICWS 2021, Virtual.
- Provider-centric Allocation of Drone Swarm Services. Balsam Alkouz, and Athman Bouguettaya. ICWS 2021, Virtual.
- Formation-based Selection of Drone Swarm Services. Balsam Alkouz, and Athman Bouguettaya. EAI MobiQuitous 2020, Virtual.
- Swarm-based Drone-as-a-Service (SDaaS) for Delivery. Balsam Alkouz, Athman Bouguettaya, and Sajib Mistry. ICWS 2020, Virtual.
- Constraint-based Formation of Drone Swarms. Xijing Liu, Kevin Lam, Balsam Alkouz, Babar Shahzaad, Athman Bouguettaya. PerCom 2022, Virtual, Demo paper.
- In-Flight Energy-Driven Composition of Drone Swarm Services. Balsam Alkouz, Amani Abusafia, Abdallah Lakhdari, Athman Bouguettaya. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (2022).